How to Make Your New Year Resolutions Work
Happy New Year 2022! 2021 surely is a tough year as well with many restrictions, rising cases, many challenges to meet new people, and many more! Now that the new year is here, it’s time to make new resolutions. With the new resolutions of course we hope that 2022 will be a better year. However, oftentimes, more than half of all resolutions fail. But, this year, let’s all make your resolutions come true. Here’s the tips on how to make your new year resolutions work!
The first step on how to make your new year resolutions work is, pick the right resolutions.
Make resolutions that are reasonable and doable. Make sure resolutions that you pick come from YOU! Not from society or not from influencers you see on social media. You make those resolutions because you want to make yourself better! Not because someone else asks you to change!
A lot of resolutions fail because they’re too vague or not realistic. Your goals should be smart — and SMART. It’s an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound.
Specific: Your resolution should be clear. Don’t just say “I want to find love”. Add more details to your wish. When do you want to find love? How do you want to find love? “I want to find love before Valentine’s day,” is better and more effective.
Measurable: This one is related if your goal is to lose weight or you’re trying to cut back on something, too. For example, you want to eat more veggies and eat less red meat. Make a meal plan and take a photo of your meal –– like making a journal. Logging progress into a journal or making notes on your phone or in an app designed to help you track behaviors can reinforce the progress.
Achievable: Making too big step can leave you frustrated. Instead, make a small step that is doable. For example, losing 10kg in a month is probably not realistic, but losing 1-2kg is possible! If that’s easy, you can add the number up to 2-4 kg!
Relevant: Is this a goal that really matters to you, and are you making it for the right reasons? If you make those resolutions because of you, you know what’s good for you, you want to be a better person, then you have a chance to achieve your goals!
Time-bound: the timeline to achieve your goals must be realistic too. That means giving yourself enough time to do it with lots of smaller intermediate goals set up along the way. Focus on these small wins so you can make gradual progress.
After you pick the right resolutions, the second step on how to make your new year resolutions work is, create your plans!
Surely, you won’t magically achieve all your goals without plans! If your plan is to find love this year, here’s what you can do:
- Figure out what you actually want in a partner and relationship. Take some time to sit down and write out a list of realistic qualities that you want in your partner. Think about what you want your relationship to look like. For example, you want someone who holds the same values as you, someone who is a family person, someone who’s funny, and etc.
- Be open minded. Never judge a book by its cover. Make sure to be more open-minded when going on dates. Being open-minded will allow you to see the person for who they really are and you will be able to detect whether you have a real connection.
- If you use dating apps, start to spend more time reading dating profiles. Don’t focus on profile pictures only. Sometimes, dating profiles tell your match’s personality more.
- Wondering why you always failed on dates? Dating coach can help you to identify which area that need improvement and being able to attract the right person
- Talk to date experts in Lunch Actually –– who have helped thousands of singles to find love and be in a fulfilling relationship. We arranged a meaningful date with singles who’s compatible with you. You’ll save a LOT of time as we do all the process for you! From screening verified profiles, booking restaurants for your dates, and also preparing you for your date.
The third step is, make it FUN.
If you feel pressured while pursuing your goals, you're unlikely to keep at it. However, if you make it fun and get pleasure, you’ll persist longer. So don’t forget to have fun! If working out in a gym feels lonely, join a class like Zumba or dance class or join your friend to gym together!
Those are the three tips on how to make your new year resolutions work! Good luck and don’t forget to have FUN! Need professional help to find love? Click the banner below to find out more.